When it comes to the best software to maintain the accounting and bookkeeping of any company then you will hear the names of Quicken and QuickBooks. Numerous companies either use Quicken or QuickBooks (both software were created by the company Intuit only) to maintain the financial tasks of their businesses.
The difference between Quickbooks and Quicken is that QBs was developed especially for small to medium-size business owners and Quicken was designed to manage personal finances like side businesses and rental properties.
If you have shifted to QuickBooks and thinking to convert your data from Quicken to Quickbooks, then you can perform the conversion easily. QuickBooks provides a conversion tool to help you access the Quicken data on your QBs software. Intuit has developed Quicken Converter Tool to transform all the Quicken files to QBs. The good thing is that you don’t lose any data during conversion.
Features of QuickBooks Software
- Income tracking.
- Generating Invoices.
- Easy Online Payments.
- Timely payment reminders.
- Transactions can be sorted in the tax category automatically.
- Customized reports.
- Cash flow tracking.
- Easy tracking of income.
- Employees’ salaries can be calculated.
- Checks printing for tax returns.
- Profit and run statements.
- Availability of direct customer support via phone/email/chat.
Features of Quickens
- Contains separate sections for Rental as well as business.
- Customized Invoices.
- Easy emailing of rental and business reports.
- Customized settings for rent reminders.
- Easy tracking of income, rental reports, and deposits.
- Availability of direct customer support.
In short, intuit has included more features in Quicken for maintaining a rental business.
Points to Note Down before Applying Quicken Converter Tool
- This process is permanent and can’t be changed once you convert your Quicken files to QBs. Remember that you will not be able to work on those Quicken files again because both these software now have separate companies.
- Have a backup of the data you are converting as a precaution.
- If you are a Mac user then the conversion process is a little time-consuming. First of all, you have to convert all Quicken files into Windows files as Quickens can’t convert Mac files.
When You Should Use Quicken Converter Tool?
You can use the ‘Utilities’ option to implement the process of conversion. But sometimes, the ‘Utilities’ option doesn’t convert the files because due to various reasons. This is why users go in search of other options.
Always remember that Quicken Converter Tool is used when you are using different versions of QBs and Quicken. Without the help of the Quicken Converter Tool, you can never convert your files into the QBs if both the software have different versions.
Got confused? Well to help you get this condition properly, there is an example. If Quicken and QuickBooks in the system are of similar versions then there is no requirement of using the conversion tool.
Imagine that you want to convert a Quicken 2017 file into QuickBooks 2018 version, then you will be required to use the conversion tool. You can also convert Quickbooks to Quicken as per your choice.
Way to convert the Quicken files to QuickBooks in Mac- The process of conversion in Mac takes more time because Mac users first have to convert the Quicken Mac files to Quicken Windows Files and then only they can use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
How to Convert Quicken to Quickbooks using ‘Utilities’ Option
‘Utilities’ is an in-built option that can convert Quicken file to QuickBooks easily. Have a look at the steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select ‘Files’ present at the top.
- Tap on the ‘Utilities’.
- Reach out to ‘Convert’ then ‘From Quicken.’
- Locate your file and then open ‘.QDF.’
- Some instructions will pop up on the screen, follow them in order.
Convert Quicken to QuickBooks through Quicken Converter Tool
- Visit Intuit site and download the Quicken Converter Tool.
- Confirm that it has a similar version to Quickbooks.
- After downloading, open that file and tap on ‘Next’ on ‘Agree to terms and conditions.’
- Install the ‘Quicken Converter Tool’ and hit ‘Next’.
- Choose the option of ‘I am transferring data from Quicken from Windows’.
- Find the ‘.PDF’ file and click twice on it.
Select the ‘Convert’ option. This process will convert Quicken to Quickbooks permanently.
More To Read : Install Diagnostic Tool
Hopefully, this article contains all details about how to convert Quicken File to QuickBooks through the ‘Utilities’ option as well as with the help of Quicken Converter Tool. Now you can easily transform the data on your own. However, if you need more guidance then feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Support for further assistance. The support team is available 24×7 to resolve your query by providing the best help.