If you think converting Peachtree (Sage 50) to Quickbooks is a complicated task then you are ‘wrong’. It is not as complicated as you had believed. Peachtree is a software that assists in maintaining accounts, bookkeeping, and other financial tasks, but QuickBooks has multiple latest features as well as advanced tools leading users to convert Peachtree to Quickbooks.
If you have recently started using QuickBooks and need to convert the data then it is quite easy as QBs software offers you a direct way to convert peachtree to QuickBooks. This post contains all about the procedure of Peachtree to QuickBooks Conversion.
Peachtree to QuickBooks Conversion: Requirements
By using the inbuilt Peachtree to QuickBooks conversion tool in the QBs app, you can convert Peachtree version 2013 or higher. The requirements for the procedure are:
- A system that supports Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.0
- At least 512 MB RAM.
- Minimum 2.5 GB Hard drive space.
- It supports Windows 8 and 8.1, but it is recommended to install Peachtree and QBs on Windows 10.
- Intel Pentium II or above.
- NET Framework’s latest version.
- Install that program on a similar system.
- Locate all the company data, data folders, backups, .exe files of both QBs and Peachtree on the local hard drive where QuickBooks is located.
Note: Peachtree is Sage 50 now. So download its latest release.
List of what will get Converted
- Jobs List
- Chart of Accounts
- Other Names
- Employees List, Vendors List, Customers List
- Inventory Quantities
- Items List
- Customer Payments
- Assembly Builds
- Credit Memo
- Vendor Credits
- Sales Receipts
- Vendor Payments
- Journal Entries
- Liability Adjustments
- Item Receipts
- Inventory Adjustments
- Sales Tax Payments
- Paychecks (as Journal Entries)
- Payroll Liability Checks
- Sales Orders
- Purchase Orders
What will not get converted?
- Individual Employees wages.
- Payroll Transactions.
- Fixed Assets Information.
- To date Employees details.
- Deduction from Employee’s wages.
Methods to Convert Peachtree to QuickBooks
By using a free tool- Peachtree to Quickbooks Conversion Tool offered by Intuit, users can convert as well as import the data into a fresh QuickBooks company file.
- Backup the Data before starting the procedure of conversion. If something mistakenly goes wrong then you can still access your data.
- Give Title to your Backup File. Pick any name, ID, etc. but use that title only that you can recall easily in the future. The character limit is 41 and don’t use two same names for a company file because QuickBooks will add variety after the names like 001, 002, 003 after to make a distinction.
- Visit Intuit’s site and register yourself. Enter the appropriate details in the vacant boxes there and tap on Send.
- Download the Converter File. The tool size is 30 MB and will take 2-3 minutes to get downloaded. Tap on Run after downloading it. Then install the Peachtree to QuickBooks Conversion Tool on the PC. Follow the instructions popping on the screen to launch the tool after the installation process.
- Fill name and details of your Company. Open QuickBooks, pick the option of Company, then Company Information. Open Peachtree, choose the Maintain option and press the tab on Company Information. Copy-paste the details here.
- Set up Preferences It is important to consider the way the QuickBooks company is run. Just reach out to the option Edit. Select Preferences. Just like you set up the company, you have to set up preferences.
Challenges faced during the Process of Peachtree to QuickBooks Conversion
- Peachtree to Quickbooks conversion tool supports the Peachtree version 2013 or later.
- Entries crossing the maximum characters limit generate issues while converting.
- The conversion tool sometimes does not work appropriately because of the incompatibility of QBs with the Peachtree.
- A dummy customer/vendor may be required to line up AP and AR history,
- Both QBs and Peachtree must have the same regional versions.
More To Read: Install To Fix Company Files & Network Errors
This post contains the most reliable details on how to convert peachtree to QuickBooks. By now, you might have understood all the concepts associated with the process of Peachtree to Quickbooks Conversion. If you have more doubts to clear then feel free to contact Quickbooks Customer Support 24×7 via chat/phone call/email. The experts there will listen to the query and offer the best guidance.